The Parents and Families Advocacy Service values the important role parents and families play in the lives and development of their children. The Parents Families Advocacy Service supports parents in developing the confidence and ability to self-advocate effectively with the Child Safety Service and, to work with Child Safety Services to preserve the safety of their children whilst working toward reuniting the family.
The Parents Families Advocacy Services operates within the fundamental principles of Red Cross – Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. There may come a time when some parents may not know what to do, or how to work with Child Safety Service.
The Parents and Families Advocacy Service is here to help. We support parents and families through the provision of:
- Information about Child Safety Services processes.
- Advice about how best to work effectively with Child Safety Service.
- Skills to be more confident when dealing with Child Safety Service.
Parents and Families Advocacy Service has skilled Peer Advocates supporting parents, families and care givers. Our Peer Advocates are volunteers who understand how parents may be feeling as many have been in similar situations and have personal experience with Child Safety Service.
We aim to give parents, families and other care givers a stronger voice when working with the Child Safety Service and ensure their hopes, wishes and concerns are being heard
- The Parents and Families Advocacy Service DOES NOT have any power over decisions by Child Safety Service or the Courts.
- We DO help parents and families understand child protection processes and to be confident when dealing with Child Safety Service.